We are proud providers of athletic training coverage to most of the area high schools and at Jackson Catholic Middle School. Our certified athletic trainers are there to make sure your children are safe while on the field.
The schools that we cover:
- Columbia Central High School: Gen Pieske AT, ATC
- Concord High School:Tyler Cortright MS, AT, ATC
- East Jackson High School: Angie Wilson AT, ATC
- Grass Lake High School: Matt Draper AT, ATC, CSCS
- Hanover Horton High School: Matt Spiess MS, AT, ATC
- Jackson High School: Marko Grbesa MS, AT, ATC
- Jonesville High School: Deborah Shaw AT, ATC
- Leslie High School: Brie Hensley AT, ATC
- Lumen Christi High School: Carrie Stevens AT, ATC
- Michigan Center High School: Rick Sigler AT, ATC
- Napoleon High School: Gen Pieske AT, ATC
- Northwest High School: Dave Brock AT, ATC
- Springport High School: Kelly Lane AT, ATC
- Vandercook Lake High School: Jordan Clark MEd, AT, ATC
- Western High School: Chris Cowan AT, ATC
Our Education and Experience
Athletic training is recognized as an allied health care profession by the American Medical Association. Certified Athletic Trainers (ATCs) have at least a Bachelor Degree and have passed a national certifying exam. ATCs are educated and experienced in providing the following services to the physically active population.
ATCs are educated and experienced in providing:
- Injury prevention
- Immediate injury care
- Injury assessment
- Rehabilitation and conditioning
- Education and counseling
The certified athletic trainer’s main function is to keep individuals participating at a high functional level, whether in athletic, exercise, or work-related activities.
What is an ATC?
Certified Athletic Trainers are highly educated and skilled professionals specializing in athletic healthcare. In cooperation with Physicians and other allied Health Personnel, the athletic trainer functions as an integral member of the athletic health care team in secondary schools, colleges and universities, sports medicine clinics, professional sports programs and other athletic health care settings.
Our Athletic Trainers have at minimum, a bachelor’s degree , usually in athletic training, health, physical education or exercise science.
Our Athletic Trainers are Board Certified and use the designation, ATC.